After police arrested dozens of Occupy Wall Street participants over the weekend, protestors marched to New York City Police Department headquarters today to demand the resignation of Police Commissioner Ray Kelly.
Members of the Occupy Wall Street movement marched from Foley Square to One Police Plaza, the Lower Manhattan headquarters of the NYPD.
Besides wanting Kelly to resign, the demonstrators also sounded off about the arrests of about 73 people who clashed with police at Zuccotti Park in Lower Manhattan last weekend.
Police say they cleared Zuccotti because protestors were breaking park rules, but some protestors say those arrested were mistreated and attacked by police.
“On Saturday night, as I simply sat in a park, I was violently arrested with my friends and watched as blood-thirsty cops stomped on their faces, knelt on their necks, pulled them by their hair and slammed them into windows,” said Occupy Wall Street protestor Jen Waller.
- mustachenmuscles likes this
- randomactsofchaos reblogged this from theamericanbear
- randomactsofchaos likes this
- theamericanbear reblogged this from enlighteningnews
- emmydiocracy reblogged this from enlighteningnews
- emmydiocracy likes this
- nohetero likes this
- foreverinamotion likes this
- o3k64 reblogged this from enlighteningnews
- theamericanbear likes this
- paradoxicalparadigms reblogged this from enlighteningnews
- paradoxicalparadigms likes this
- saladgoesmoo reblogged this from enlighteningnews
- enlighteningnews reblogged this from mochente
- mochente reblogged this from fuckyeahmarxismleninism
- lastroadtotruth reblogged this from antinwo
- antinwo likes this
- antinwo reblogged this from inkdefense
- inkdefense reblogged this from americanwanderlust
- americanwanderlust reblogged this from fuckyeahmarxismleninism
- neoliberalismkills likes this
- fuckyeahmarxismleninism posted this